Come save me, please
It’s dark here and cold too;
I’m afraid of
What this silence can do.
Chocolates? Oh, I’ll never ask for them again, and
I’ll never cry for cartoons while you’re watching your football game.
I’ll stop crying; I’ll be strong,
I can bring your cigarettes now; I won’t be gone long.
I’ll mop, I’ll do dishes and I won’t play,
Just take me out; I’ll do whatever you say.
I’ll stand quiet when your friends visit us
Trying not to act strange.
Dad, I’m just five years old, and
I swear I can change.
International Statistics on Child Abuse
- 40 million children subjected to abuse each year.
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death among adolescents worldwide.
- 30% of severely disabled children in special homes in the Ukraine die before 18 years of age.
- Approximately 20% of women and 5–10% of men report being sexually abused as children, while 25–50% of all children report being physically abused.
- Statistics indicate that 3 million young girls are subjected to genital mutilation every year.
Children cannot stop CHILD ABUSE… but Adults can..